Each of the races in the Heartland 39.3 Series would not be possible without the efforts of hundreds of volunteers performing a variety of tasks throughout the week of each event.
Examples of the different functions we will need help with from groups of volunteers or individual volunteers include:
- Race packet stuffing prior to and during packet pickup
- Handing out packets and race shirts during packet pickup
- Course monitors along the race course on race day
- Finish line volunteers handing out medals, water and Mylar blankets
- Water station volunteers on the race course on race day
- Awards tent volunteers on race day
- Parking lot volunteers on race day
Individual volunteers can sign up for specific tasks and time shifts on the Volunteer section of each race website. Groups of volunteers who are
interested in volunteering at a specific event can contact Brad Ziegler, event director, for more information or to sign up.